Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dog-eared

I find it very difficult to categorize myself in terms of my reading habits. I can not be an avid reader, though initially when this affair with books had started I was under the impression that I can read any book under the sun. Then one day my friend L sent me a book on Istanbul.

I started the book with all gusto but then slowly, I believe, it was my lack of travel which caught up with me and I stopped after having read a few chapters of the book. This event changed the perspective of my reading habits. It was then that I thought about writing a new set of blogs under the label "Dog-eared". This label will have blogs dedicated to books I have read. In the recent past the books which have made great impression upon me are - India Unbound, The Difficulty of Being Good (both by Gurcharan Das) and iCon. So hopefully my next dog-eared labelled blogs would have renderings on these books.

I have two more books on my shelf (not a shelf per se but why would one talk about a shabby looking table top when a shelf would sound more neat), which look impressive. Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" and "Start-up Nation" by Dan Stenor and Saul Singer. I guess I will start the books simultaneously. So long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

बेकर्स डज़न

डी की अनुशंसा पर हमने फ़िल नाइट लिखित किताब “शू-डॉग” पढ़ना शुरु किया। किताब तो दिलचस्प है जिसमें नाइट ने अपने जीवन और संघर्ष की विस्तृत जानक...