Tuesday, November 08, 2016

November Country (Music)

I had started listening to Bob Dylan cos of my fascination with a certain Mr Jobs and of course because my good friend B used to listen to him. It used to bemuse me how can a guy with minimalist music (usually harmonica and guitar - that is all!) render such beautiful songs! But I may be biased, it was always lyrics for me, music was just a way to remember songs - that again holds only for me!

Last night was one of confusion almost a national emergency and a time of indecision. Shall I go to the ATM now or shall I be dependent on online transactions or may be leave the answer blowin' in the wind!
500/- 1000/- rupee notes were going to be history as we know them and a new set of notes would start flowing in a day or two. ATM's will be closed for two days, bank for a day, you'll be allowed to exchange your notes till 30th December - too much info and as it always happens (with me again) all that drove me to inaction. I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to - not to the ATM even!

The mood carried on to the jingle jangle morning and after explaining my maid the fate of 500/-, 1000/- rupee notes, switched on Apple Music which by default started playing Dylan! Oh yes this man has won the Nobel for literature (not peace right - that was one of those conspiracy theories which has become so stale that it has become a joke!).

Zac Brown Band is another one that makes my kind of music - No Hurry, Chicken Fried, Knee deep. Hard core non-veggies would swear by country chicken and am pretty sure it's the country chicken that was fried for that song!

That's the way you need to take it my countrymen this beautiful November - take it easy, switch off from all the brouhaha and get your
toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in your hand
Life is good today. Life is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

बेकर्स डज़न

डी की अनुशंसा पर हमने फ़िल नाइट लिखित किताब “शू-डॉग” पढ़ना शुरु किया। किताब तो दिलचस्प है जिसमें नाइट ने अपने जीवन और संघर्ष की विस्तृत जानक...